R.A. CLARKE (Pseudonym)
When she's not writing children's literature, Rachael Clarke enjoys writing short stories in all kinds of genres, including dark fiction, and horror. So not to confuse or frustrate her younger readership, Rachael publishes her short fiction under the pen name R.A. Clarke.
R.A. Clarke has a dedicated Facebook page for fans of her work.
You're invited (and very welcome) to join the community!
Thank you for reading!
PUBLISHED SHORT FICTION:
- I was accepted into the Futurescapes writer's workshop (March, 2021), where I submitted an excerpt for my upcoming adult science fiction novel RACE TO NOVUS for review and critique. I am honoured to report I was nominated as a finalist for the Futurescapes Award.
- Short Story: Nobody Suspects a Granny, published in Polar Borealis Magazine. 2021. Link here: http://polarborealis.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/POLAR-BOREALIS-17-February-2021.pdf
- Short Story: Under the Floorboards, published in Sundial Magazine. 2021. Link here: Sundial Magazine - Under the Floorboards (google.com)
- 1st place overall Writer's Games winner! Short stories: Clicking (Event 3 - 2nd place) and A Friend in Need... (Event 5 - 3rd place) is published in the Writer's Workout 2020 Portion 2 Writer's Games anthology - 72 Hours of Insanity, Vol 9. 2020. Link here: 72 Hours of Insanity: Anthology of The Games: Workout, The Writer's: 9798580276502: Books - Amazon.ca
Read R.A. Clarke's Writer's Games winning author interview here: The Writer's Games R.A. Clarke Interview (writersworkout.net)
- Short Story: Chicken, published in Siren's Call Publications ezine - Halloween issue #51. 2020. Link here: http://www.sirenscallpublications.com/pdfs/SirensCallEZine_October2020.pdf
- Short Story: How the Other Half Lives, published in Coffin Blossoms (a horror-comedy anthology). Oct. 2020. Link here: https://www.amazon.ca/Coffin-Blossoms-Horror-Comedy-Anthology/dp/B08KSLQ6XK/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=coffin+blossoms&qid=1603338493&sr=8-1
- Short Story: Mr. Regret, published in the Fall Into Fantasy: 2020 Edition (anthology). Oct 2020. Link here: https://www.amazon.ca/Fall-Into-Fantasy-Jessica-Chanese/dp/1952796008/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1601978851&sr=8-1
- Short story: On the Inside (5th place) was published in the Writer's Workout 2020 Portion 1 Writer's Games anthology - 72 Hours of Insanity, Vol 8. 2020. Link here: https://www.amazon.ca/72-Hours-Insanity-Anthology-Games-ebook/dp/B08G8GQNFM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=72+hours+of+insanity&qid=1600286161&sr=8-1
- Short Story: Deadly Experimentation, published in Polar Borealis Magazine. 2020. Link here: POLAR-BOREALIS-15-June-2020.pdf (polarborealis.ca)
- 1st place winner of Writer's Weekly 24-Hour short story contest - published online. Story title: A Giant Tale. 2020. Link here: https://24hourshortstorycontest.com/archive/spring2020/clarke-1st-place
- Short Story: How Indiana Saved My Life - shortlisted in WOW! Women On Writing contest, 2020.
- Placed 4th overall. The Writer's Workout Writer's Games Portion 2, 2019.
- Short stories: Bridges Burned, Rewind (reprint), and a dark narrative poem titled Little Boy, were published in Siren's Call Publications ezine - Issue #49. 2020. Link here: http://www.sirenscallpublications.com/pdfs/SirensCallEZine_March2020.pdf
- Short stories: Pinching Pennies (1st place), After Burning: A Memoir (2nd place), and Riding After Red (5th place) were published in the Writer's Workout 2019 Portion 2 Writer's Games anthology - 72 Hours of Insanity, Vol 7. 2020. Link here: https://www.amazon.ca/72-Hours-Insanity-Anthology-Games/dp/1656825619/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=72+hours+of+insanity&qid=1586374673&sr=8-1
- Short story: The Elite, published in Siren's Call Publications ezine - Issue #48. 2019. Link here: SirensCallEZine_December2019.pdf (sirenscallpublications.com)
- Listed entry in Polar Expressions Publishing short story contest - published in "Our Town" Anthology. Published story title: Don't Pop 'Til You Get Enough. Link here: http://www.polarexpressions.ca/Shop.html
- Short story: L.A.M.E. was longlisted in the To Hull And Back short story contest 2019.
- 2nd place winner in Writers Weekly 24-Hour Short Story Contest - published online. Story title: REWIND. 2019. Link here: https://24hourshortstorycontest.com/archive/summer2019
- 1st place winner in Transcona Literacy Centre (TLC) "So you think you can write" contest. Published short story title: Awakening. 2006. Also shortlisted in Eden Mills Writers Festival Contest 2019. Read this story on my Blog now! Link here: https://www.rachaelclarkewrites.com/post/awakening