R.A. CLARKE (Pseudonym)
When not writing children's literature, Rachael Clarke enjoys writing short stories in all kinds of genres, including dark fiction, and horror. So, to keep things simple (less confusing) for her younger readership, she publishes her short fiction under the pen name R.A. Clarke.
R.A. Clarke also has a dedicated Facebook page for fans of her short fiction.
You're invited (and very welcome) to join the community!
Thank you for reading!
PUBLISHED SHORT FICTION:
- R.A. Clarke has pending short story publications from Polar Borealis Magazine, and Sundial Magazine.
- 1st place overall Writer's Games winner! Short stories: Clicking (Event 3 - 2nd place) and A Friend in Need... (Event 5 - 3rd place) will be published in the Writer's Workout 2020 Portion 2 Writer's Games anthology - 72 Hours of Insanity, Vol 9. 2021.
- Short Story: Chicken, published in Siren's Call Publications ezine - Halloween issue #51. 2020. Link here: http://www.sirenscallpublications.com/pdfs/SirensCallEZine_October2020.pdf
- Short Story: How the Other Half Lives, published in Coffin Blossoms (a horror-comedy anthology). Oct. 2020. Link here: https://www.amazon.ca/Coffin-Blossoms-Horror-Comedy-Anthology/dp/B08KSLQ6XK/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=coffin+blossoms&qid=1603338493&sr=8-1
- Short Story: Mr. Regret, published in the Fall Into Fantasy: 2020 Edition (anthology). Oct 2020. Link here: https://www.amazon.ca/Fall-Into-Fantasy-Jessica-Chanese/dp/1952796008/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1601978851&sr=8-1
- Short story: On the Inside (5th place) was published in the Writer's Workout 2020 Portion 1 Writer's Games anthology - 72 Hours of Insanity, Vol 8. 2020. Link here: https://www.amazon.ca/72-Hours-Insanity-Anthology-Games-ebook/dp/B08G8GQNFM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=72+hours+of+insanity&qid=1600286161&sr=8-1
- Short Story: What Remains, published in Siren's Call Publications ezine - issue #50. 2020. Link here: http://www.sirenscallpublications.com/pdfs/SirensCallEZine_June2020.pdf
- 1st place winner of Writer's Weekly 24-Hour short story contest - published online. Story title: A Giant Tale. 2020. Link here: https://24hourshortstorycontest.com/archive/spring2020/clarke-1st-place
- Short Story: How Indiana Saved My Life - shortlisted in WOW! Women On Writing contest, 2020.
- 4th overall Writer's Games placement! Short stories: Bridges Burned, Rewind (reprint), and a dark narrative poem titled Little Boy, were published in Siren's Call Publications ezine - Issue #49. 2020. Link here: http://www.sirenscallpublications.com/pdfs/SirensCallEZine_March2020.pdf
- Short stories: Pinching Pennies (1st place), After Burning: A Memoir (2nd place), and Riding After Red (5th place) were published in the Writer's Workout 2019 Portion 2 Writer's Games anthology - 72 Hours of Insanity, Vol 7. 2020. Link here: https://www.amazon.ca/72-Hours-Insanity-Anthology-Games/dp/1656825619/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=72+hours+of+insanity&qid=1586374673&sr=8-1
- Short story: The Elite, published in Siren's Call Publications ezine - Issue #48. 2019. Link here: http://www.sirenscallpublications.com/pdfs/SirensCallEZine_March2020.pdf
- Listed entry in Polar Expressions Publishing short story contest - published in "Our Town" Anthology. Published story title: Don't Pop 'Til You Get Enough. Link here: http://www.polarexpressions.ca/Shop.html
- Short story: L.A.M.E. was longlisted in the To Hull And Back short story contest 2019.
- 2nd place winner in Writers Weekly 24-Hour Short Story Contest - published online. Story title: REWIND. 2019. Link here: https://24hourshortstorycontest.com/archive/summer2019
- 1st place winner in Transcona Literacy Centre (TLC) "So you think you can write" contest. Published short story title: Awakening. 2006. Also shortlisted in Eden Mills Writers Festival Contest 2019. Read this story on my Blog now! Link here: https://www.rachaelclarkewrites.com/post/awakening